Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Paint My Belly?"

Emma LOVES to finger paint and asked me today if we could paint. I told her after her nap and sure enough she comes to me trying to take her shirt off so she could paint. First we started painting on the paper and using heart shaped sponges and then she said "paint my belly?" in her cute little Emma voice. A few weeks ago I painted her belly and I guess she thinks it's funny. Anyways, I couldn't resist a little belly painting so I let her do it. It's so fun to watch her and I always wonder what's going through her sweet little mind. So don't worry these are all washable kid-friendly finger paints from Target. I just threw her in the bath afterwards and she is squeaky clean in minutes! Enjoy!









One other thing. Earlier I was telling Emma that tomorrow mommy & daddy were both going to work and she was going back to big girl school. We talked about it for a few minutes and that was that. Well not too long ago I was cold so I went in the closet to get one of G's sweatshirts to wear and I put on some sock slippers. Emma was watching me very carefully and she says "go check the mailbox" b/c I always throw on a sweatshirt to check the mailbox since it's cold outside. I said "no mommy isn't checking mailbox" and then she goes "Mommy go to work." Once again, I said "no mommy is going to work tomorrow, not today." Then Emma says "Mommy go to Nashville" b/c not too long ago I went with my girlfriends and she somehow remembers that. I told her no I wasn't going to Nashville but that mommy was cold. It just amazes me how she puts things together. Of course it also breaks my heart b/c those times she mentioned are times I've left her and she remembers that. I very rarely leave her but she remembers when I do. Of course when I check the mailbox it is only for a second. :)
George is dropping her off in the morning b/c I have to go to a different location for my orientation & don't have to arrive until 9am. I really hope she does better with G dropping her off. At least they don't mind if I call several times during the day. :)

4 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

I was just looking at the snow pics from today and had a question?
Do ya'll live in Creekside Plantation? We used to live at 29604 Thunder Paw and it looks similar in these pics! We moved from there to Meridianville about a year ago. I think we used to be neighbors and didnt know it!

~Jennifer

The Titsworth Family said...

Wow, what a small world! Yes, we do live in Creekside. I remember a family moving last year on Thunder Paw that had a child and it was probably you guys. We walk around the block alot when it is warm. Were you guys maybe the 2nd or 3rd house on the right before the stop sign on Thunder Paw? Too bad you don't live here anymore b/c we could have playdates!

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Yep, that was us, we used to walk some to, and now that I think about it I think I remember seeing ya'll! It is definitely a small world! Sam used to drive his little john deere battery tractor around the neighborhood!! Play dates wouldve been fun im sure!

~Jennifer

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Yep, that was us, we used to walk some to, and now that I think about it I think I remember seeing ya'll! It is definitely a small world! Sam used to drive his little john deere battery tractor around the neighborhood!! Play dates wouldve been fun im sure!

~Jennifer