Friday, May 18, 2007

Not too much has been going on the past few days. George has been working and I've been home with Emma. My days are not very exciting. They consist of feeding, changing diapers, spit up, occasionally crying, and very rarely sleeping Emma! However, yesterday she did take 2 naps for approximately 45 minutes each without me holding her! That allowed me to do some laundry and empty the dishwasher. Hopefully this means her acid reflux medicine is working. She doesn't seem to be making quite as many noises. During the night is a different story though! All night long she is fussy making grunting noises and she sounds like she is struggling. I don't know when she will grow out of this but I really hope it is soon. We have been swaddling her well recently because she hasn't been pulling her nose canula out during the night.

Today we go to the eye doctor which I'm dreading. It will be my 1st time out of the house alone with her and all of her "stuff". I know I can carry all of it but it will be heavy. I have to carry her oxygen tank, apnea monitor, her in the carseat and the diaper bag. I need one more arm I believe! Then once we get to the eye doctor they have to dialate her eyes and we have to sit there for an hour! The actual exam only takes a few minutes but it's not a pleasant exam. Lastly, her feeding will be around this time so I'm not sure how well that's going to be worked in. She might be unhappy for a little bit.

Here are a few pictures from yesterday. My friend Gerri came over to visit and we had a good time. She was really good with Emma! Hope you enjoy!




She's getting used to her new swing.

Look how big these preemie shorts are on her!

No comments: