Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Little Turkey Legs is Sick!










Last night around 12:30 Emma woke up crying in her room which she never does anymore. Normally she just walks in our room and I put her in the bed with us. She sounded flustered so I went and got her and brought her to our room. She just couldn't get comfortable, kept talking in her sleep, and tossing. I thought her belly must be hurting her or maybe she was constipated. She loves cheese and if we aren't careful she gets really bad constipated. So then around 2:30am I noticed she was on fire and the next thing you know, she is throwing up on mommy. Luckily it wasn't much but it was still vomit. :( After she finished we took her temp and it was 101.6 and then a few minutes later it was 103. We got some Motrin down her and probably 30 minutes later she was doing much better. Emma and I stayed up until 4:30am eating cheerios, drinking apple juice, and watching Noggin. We both fell asleep at 4:30 and then I got up at 5:30 for work. Let me tell you, I was tired! I had never went to sleep after she came in at 12:30 so it has made for a long day. I went to work until 8:45 and met them at Dr. Dudley's office. Emma looked fine but her white blood count was doubled. So then we tried to get her to tinkle on the potty but that didn't work so we finally had to leave with a bag. Around 12:30 she finally had enough pee pee and we went back to drop it off. The quick urine test was good and she was going to test it overnight too. We are also going back in the morning to retest her white blood count. Emma has been acting great for the most part today and has been playing. It has been very strange! So for now we are to keep her out of school tomorrow and hopefully her WBC will be lower tomorrow.

A few minutes ago Emma was playing with a piece of ribbon so I snapped a couple of pics. She looks so grown up!

No comments: