Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Our Memorial Day Weekend!

Emma and I decided to travel to the wonderful land of Tennessee for Memorial Day! George had already made plans so we left him behind. We took our time driving up going the back way which consisted of Fayetteville, Lynchburg, Tullahoma, Manchester, McMinnville, Sparta, and Cookeville. It was so beautiful I just enjoyed every tree and flower while Emma jammed to Elmo!

When we reached McMinnville we met up with my bestest most beautiful friend, Rachel and her sister Megan and daughter Madalyn. I don't get to see them very often but I am super excited about going to Rachel's wedding in July in Florida.

Best Friends Forever-Madalyn and Emma! Aren't they just adorable?!


My sweet Magpie, Madalyn, Emma, and Rach



From there we traveled to Cookeville to stay with my favorite in-laws! They are so kind to let us stay with them and eat their food. :) We also got to play with the coolest cousins in the world and they let Emma go swimming in their pool!

This is my favorite pic of Isaac...he's such a handsome lil guy!


Graham's newest look! We miss you Graham-Bo!


The kiddos playing together.


And Ikey poo teaching Emma bad things! :)



Then on Sunday we headed over to Sparta to visit my side of the family. First stop, the Adam's family (snap, snap). For the past year my family has had an exchange student from Germany named Jana. She is the sweetest, most kind and beautiful young lady and I'm so incredibly glad she became a part of our family. Unfortunately, it is time for her to go back home and we are all going to miss her so much. She has really enjoyed her stay in the states and I hope she gets to come back soon! We love and miss you already Jana!!!!!!!

Kelsey and Emma


Down on the farm!



Kelsey and Jana-my gorgeous cousins!



Kelsey, Emma, and Jana



From there we headed farther into the big town of Sparta to my Granny Scott's house. My cousin Paige came down to so she could play some more with Emma.

Here are Paige and Emma posing for me. I could not get Emma to smile!


Paige was making Emma a flower tiara!



Paige, Emma, and my Granny swinging on the porch.



And the last stop was Nashville, Tennessee to visit my awesome cousins Monya and Melica!! We love going there b/c Aunt Marsha and Jim always have the best food ever!! They never let me down with the food and I always overeat way too much. :( Thanks for having us!

The girls about to go swimming before the storm. :(
Melica, Emma, and Monya


Cutie patootie in her bathing suit!


And again...


Overall, we had a wonderful holiday and it felt good to get home. Lucky me came home to a CLEAN house thanks to my favorite husband! :) He's too good to me! Check back for more pics!

No comments: