Friday, May 23, 2008

15 Month Pediatrician Appointment

On Tuesday Emma visited Dr. Dudley for her 15 month appt. I love going there b/c the staff is so nice and upbeat! We had a wonderful appt. Emma weighed in at 19 lbs 5 oz which I'm pretty sure she weighed that about 4 wks ago but the doctor said that is fine. She is also 29 inches long!! That's a big jump from 12.5 inches at birth. She finally made the regular growth chart too for weight (5%), length (25%), and head circumference (10%)! I can't believe she made all 3!

Dr. Dudley also asked if she had started pulling up yet and I was like "yeah, she's walking now" and Dr. Dudley was so amazed! She couldn't believe all of the words she's saying and everything else she's doing. She said she is no longer a preemie and that Emma had made her day! As her mother, I'm so incredibly proud of her and sometimes I forget just how far she's come.

Lastly, she also got the chicken pox vaccine and the MMR shot. I had forgot she was getting those and felt bad b/c I had been telling her all morning she wasn't getting any shots. She cried and it broke my heart but she was better within seconds.

So once again Emma is thriving and George and I couldn't be happier for her! We have such a little miracle and princess.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

WTG Emma! I don't think I'll ever forget that picture you posted of her next to that pen-seems like just yesterday and look how much she's grown! That's awesome and you should be one proud momma!