Friday, May 1, 2009

Busy!

I know I haven't blogged in forever but we've just been so busy. When we get home at night it is rush rush to do dinner, playtime, nebulizer, bath, and then bedtime. Normally I fall asleep in the floor while putting Emma to bed and on the rare occasion I don't fall asleep, I go straight to bed immediately after. But this past week was wonderful with all of the sunshine & warm temps. Emma has been exhausted at night b/c they play outside all afternoon at school & then when we come home we go back outside.

Emma has been so wonderful all week. I can tell a huge difference in her when she is healthy. We've been off the antibiotic for 1.5 wks now (I think) and so far, she is still healthy. She finally has her bottom 2 molars completely in and her top right one is now breaking through. The top left gum is swollen so it's only a matter of time before it breaks through too. Then we will be all done with teeth!!! Thank goodness b/c those teeth drive mommy crazy. With every single tooth Emma ran a 99-100 temp and you know it just hurt. She's getting to be such a big girl!

Now for a couple of cute Emma sayings...

Lots of nights George and I put Emma to bed together. She LOVES for us to sing to her and we've been singing new songs recently. Well one night we were sitting there and Emma said "sing paddywack" so I start singing. Then she starts saying "NO, Mommy, NO!" Then she says "Daddy sing paddywack." My feelings were so hurt! :) Well then daddy starts singing and Emma says "Mommy sing wheels on bus." She wanted us to sing different songs at the same time. George and I would do it and it was so funny. Now every night she wants us to do it. Also, one of her other favorite songs is "John Jacob" or as she calls it "John Jake." That was one of my fav songs in elementary school so I enjoy singing it. She's also started singing alot and I love listening to her. We sing "If You're Happy and You Know It", "Wheels On The Bus", "London Bridge", "Old MacDonald", and lots more.

Yesterday Emma's daycare was closed down so George stayed home with her. They had been working outside and when they started to come in the back door it was locked. So George said "that sucks" and then Emma said "that sucks!" Sometimes you just forget that she repeats everything! George and I use clean words but I guess even sucks and oh crap aren't good for a 2 year old!

One last thing-I BOOKED our vacation to FLORIDA the other night! We are going back to Edgewater in Destin and even got a 20% b/c we are going on a holiday weekend. I'm pumped and I know Emma will have a great time. Only 3 more weeks!!!!

Pictures will come later today. Emma is having a rough morning so I must go make everything better. Check back later!

No comments: