Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Destin 2009 (Part 1)

We are finally home! We rolled into town about 3:15 yesterday afternoon and tonight I'm trying to unpack/unwind. We had a wonderful time in Destin even though it rained/stormed quite a bit. Emma was such an angel the entire trip and slept so well! Last year we went when she was 15 months old and she didn't sleep at all. This year she blessed us with great naps and we were all sound asleep between 8:30 & 9pm every night. Now that's what I call a vacation!

Emma LOVED the swimming pool and would call it "Emma's swimming pool!" She wasn't too thrilled with the ocean but enjoyed the sand. She would get so very excited when we talked about going outside and I think her favorite part of the trip was getting on the elevator and pushing the buttons! How funny is that? Here are lots of pictures and trust me, I have more! :)

Not long after arriving on the 1st day...this was the side where our door was.



Gotta love the Donut Hole! We ate their 3 times! Notice Emma's 3 boo boos?



Emma loved this patio chair.


Taking our 1st trip to the beach this year. The wind was so crazy those first couple of days!



Being cute & silly!



It's hard to see her expression in this picture but it is really cute with her hand in the air!




Feeling the sand between her toes...




Checking out the amazing ocean!



Sporting her 2nd bathing suit and notice the greasy sunscreen hair?! Love this bathing suit!




Mommy came out from the shower to find Emma reading her "Pat-A-Cake" book to Elmo & Zoe. It was so sweet!



Striking a pose before going out to dinner. Did I mention that we ate out alot??? I swear I gained 10 lbs while we were there!



My cutie patootie!


More pics to come maybe later tonight or tomorrow. I really wish we were still there but I guess we all have to work right? At least I only work 3 days this week. Oh and on Thursday my house is getting cleaned...how wonderful!

No comments: