Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Good News!

Well Emma does not have Rotavirus or the other bacteria (C Diff). They are still waiting on another culture but they don't think she has it. She's been acting rather normal this evening and is even got some attitude going on. :) That's definitely a sign she's feeling better!

Dr. Dudley came by earlier and wants to repeat Emma's white blood count in the morning. She also cut back her Roceferin some since it is irritating her little belly. If all goes well in the morning then we might be going home tomorrow! I'm getting excited b/c this little room is driving me crazy now. Emma has also started eating a little more and is finally drinking. She's had I think 3 wet diapers today so that is some good progress.

I forgot to mention previously that I woke up with pink eye yesterday. Yes, I did say PINK EYE! I haven't had it since I was a kid and boy oh boy does it stink! My eye was so sore and irritated. I got some good eye drops from the pharmacy and it is now healing. However, I woke up this morning and my other eye is now infected. Craziness I tell ya!

Emma has been quite the cutie since we've been here and the nurses just love her to death. We take walks in the hallway and ride in the wagon and they think she is just so precious. So I hope to update tomorrow from home but in the meantime keep us in your prayers/thoughts.

2 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

glad things are looking better for miss emma!

Amy said...

Brandy,
I am so sorry to hear that Emma is in the hospital - and that you have pink eye!! I will pray that little Emma gets better soon (and you too). I know what you mean about those small rooms. Lily had RSV when she was 13 months and we spent three days there. I thought I was going to go crazy! :)

Hope you get to go home soon!
Amy