Monday, June 11, 2007

Last Week

I'm sorry I haven't updated the blog in awhile but it seems like it takes time that I don't have or I'm just being lazy! Last week was a good week. I don't think Emma had any really fussy days so that's always a good thing. On Wednesday my Granny Dunham and Uncle Arnold or "Chucky" came down to visit and they stayed the night. First let me say don't give them directions b/c they sure don't follow them! Just kidding. Anyways, I was so excited to have them here and they had a good time holding Emma and getting to know her. On Thursday she had a doctor's appt so they helped me take her. Here are a few pics...

Emma went to see the lung doctor on Thursday and she weighed 5 lbs 14 oz so as of now she is over 6 lbs! I can really tell she is getting bigger too. George and I were kind of disappointed at the appt b/c even with the extra oxygen she still wasn't breathing as well as we would have liked. So...we have to go back in 4 wks and they will try to wean her down then. Which means she will probably be on oxygen for another 8 wks. At the appt her nose canula was clogged with lots of boogers so we wonder if that was the problem but the doctor doesn't let you clean them out and retest her and stuff so I was really bummed. I can not wait for the day when she isn't hooked up to anything!
Now I have to brag on my wonderful George! He let me sleep ALL night Friday and Saturday in our bed while he slept in another room and got up for all of Emma's feedings! I am so grateful for that b/c I got some much needed sleep. He never complained or anything. So last night I slept in another room and took care of her so he could sleep. I put Emma down in her crib at 10:30 last night and she slept until 5:00 am!!! I still can't believe it! After I fed her and pumped we layed backed down and slept for 1 1/2 hours. I feel like a new woman this week! I've also lost a total of 4 lbs in 2 wks according to Saturday's weigh in so I'm making progress. I did eat a couple of unhealthy meals last week and only walked a couple of days so this week I have to work harder. I guess that sums up our week and I'll leave you with a cute pic of Emma sleeping on me yesterday I think...



No comments: