Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Sweet Girly Girl

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE having a girl.  Not just any girl, but a total girly girl.  I've never been much of a girly girl so who knows where she got it from but I love it.  She just makes my day when she changes princess dresses every hour and only wants to wear skirts and dresses that she can twirl in.  So so cute.  :)

Yesterday I got brave and asked Emma if I could braid her hair.  That's one of those things I always wanted to do if & when I had a little girl.  Growing up my stepmom Betsy would always french braid my hair and I enjoyed doing it with my friends.  So I was super happy when Emma let me do it and she stood so incredibly still on the stool and not once did she yell ouch.  I was very proud of my work and that stayed in about 12 hours.  She loved them and didn't take them out until bedtime.  Happy mommy moment!






















She has a crazy part at the crown of her head but I think they are adorable.  My my she is growing fast!
This next picture was taken yesterday evening after Daddy got home.  We were going to go outside for a few minutes and Emma runs out with this hat on her head like it is winter time.  She has a crazy sense of fashion!  Her sweet cousin Melica made her this hat maybe 2 years ago and she wears it all the time. 

No comments: